[Gllug] Re: [Gllug] Wireless cards -PC world

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 11:48:27 UTC 2002

> On Tue, 2002-01-01 at 18:29, Richard Cohen wrote:
>> [cut'n'pasted from the archive]
>>
>> On Monday 31st Dec, mallum said:
>>
>> > The sitecom ones right ? I got one from slough branch for fifty
>> > quid.
>>
>> Heh - I just picked one up for £38.50 from Brent Cross PC World.  £55
>> base price, with a 30% discount because it was a return.
>
> I just bought what might be the last one in the Charlton branch.
>
> I nearly fell of my chair when I got it home and noticed that the
> box clearly had logoes for Windows support, Netware and...
> ...yes - Linux.
> Good for them.

That was one of the persuasive reasons in the DVD/CDRW I bought last week.
An LG product with information stating that they had it running on
Slackware.
I really do not mind what distro they say they got it working on, though
obviously for the 'public' it would be better just to state Linux.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk