[Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 20:20:04 UTC 2002

On Thursday 24 January 2002 18:03, you wrote:
> I'm not saying there weren't arguments for dropping the Bomb on the
> Japanese; but Harry's position that we should kill as many people
> as necessary to stop major cities being nuked logically implies
> that all Japanese WW2 atrocities were justified, since they might
> have saved Hiroshima and Nagasaki...
No. Because Japan did not know of the coming Nuclear attacks, their
actions were in no way an attempt to prevent them happening. So their
atrocities can not be justified as an attempt to prevent the USA from
dropping those bombs. And I don't think even you can twist Harry's
statements to such an extent as to make them imply such a thing.
I think you need to join a debating club. But that would involve
leaving the house....
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk