[Gllug] Reboots of safety-critical gear. Was: Mandrakes mad penguin

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Jan 30 10:40:50 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 10:18, Jackson, Harry wrote:

> The technical term is Ferranti reset when you have been fscking around with
> it although my Marconi recycles have been taking place less and less often
> of late.

Harry,
one of the recent documentaries about the Falklands dealt with the
sinking of the Sheffield.
If I remember the program, the Sheffield was accompanied by the
Broadsword (?).
The missile hit the Sheffield during a downtime, when the
Broadsword's computer was being rebooted.
They showed a shot of this computer - it looked like a real beefy
piece of kit.
Can you tell us more?

(Starting thread

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk