[Gllug] ICQ on linux

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy darran at rimron.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 18:21:06 UTC 2002

> A hunt on google shows lots of people have encountered this problem
> (but nobody seems to report how to get round it).

I've had this problem for months and months, nothing fixed it, nothing (at
my end) changed - no, really, nothing did change.... it's on a read only
filesystem :) But I digress.

I found the ONLY reliable ICQ client to be, unfortunatly, ICQ.  You could
try one of the older versions with wine, or similar.... I have had NO joy in
getting anything to work under linux, reliably. Sorry.

jabber was my best bet, and that had a 60/40 yay/nay rate. :-/

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk