[Gllug] LateX/EPS/PS experts?

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Jan 15 14:57:25 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:07:40PM -0000, Anthony Leung wrote:
> Anyway, yes, to the point, Excel Graphs into Latex.
> He seems to have nailed it down to trying to convert a gif/jpg that
> Excel can export to in the form of a html file into an eps or ps file.
> Obviously one could also take screenshots of the graphs and convert them
> that way, but having no clue how to convert them, would be grateful for
> any solutions offered-if I can't get them here then I don't know where I
> would : )

To get a postscript file from a Windows box, I'm reasonably sure that
you can install a postscript printer (go on, choose an Apple
LaserScript) driver, and then simply output to a file rather than an
actual device. W2000 supports this, at least.

Once you've got that set up, you can just print the graph on its own.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"> Who died and made you superuser?
Obviously some badly written Perl script.  Someone should tell the author

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk