[Gllug] ADSL modeom/router/splitter recommendations

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 14:12:57 UTC 2002

John Hearns wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 12:24, will wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Anyone got any recommendations for these?  I am thinking about getting
>>wires only ADSL (plusnet do a month minimum contract) and I need the
>>hardware.
>
> I was going to say that we looked at the Draytek range
> But looking at their web pages, these are Ethernet or USB connected.
>
> http://www.draytek-uk.com/

Hmmm.  If I got a USB one, what are the chances I could run my own
machine as a router/firewall on this?  I would really want to do my own
firewalling/routing.  Is this possible to do with USB?

> Maybe you could look at the products on the Seg webpages,
> http://www.seg.co.uk/adsl/ar601.html
> But I know nothing about these at all.

Thanks.  http://www.seg.co.uk/adsl/am600.html would be fine for a modem,
but I am not sure if I can do what I want with USB

> Or the one for 69 quid:
> http://www.seg.co.uk/adsl/am600.html

That is more my price range :-)

Will