[Gllug] Working with Linux in the UK.

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy darran at rimron.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 22:06:50 UTC 2002

> As an aside, I've heard that in Australia, agencies will advertise
> non-existent jobs, to get candidates on their books.  Does anyone have
> experience of this in the UK?

Yes. *sigh*

Also getting turned down for "urgent" jobs on OBSCURE conditions has
happened to me a few times, and I have then seen the same ad for the job
posted to jobserve every day for the following 6 weeks.... I guess they have
a different definition of urgent than I do.

(I have been over-qualified, too young, too old, to out-going, married,
single and "not customer facing enough" for assorted roles.... Personally I
can't recall the last time a software developer had to be customer facing
:) )

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk