[Gllug] Re: Gllug digest, Vol 1 #1490 - 13 msgs

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Wed Jan 23 01:33:15 UTC 2002

On 10 Jan 2002, Clive Hills wrote:

> > From: Colin Murphy <SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk>
> > A tale of woe, maybe?  Reply to Bruce <sam-the-scull at landshut.org> directly
> > please, he won't be on the list.
>
> Let me say firstly that I sympathise with this gentleman's son's plight.
>
> I have purposely not done the same thing even though I have been
> unemployed for 2 months as it seemed to me that to turn the list into
> another forum for those seeking employment would not be desireable.
>
> What do other people think?

I think if people are looking for a (UNIXy/Netty) type job or looking to
hire someone they should say so here.  When I was looking for such a job a
few months ago I felt too embarased to do so, but really I don't see any
reason why not.  No one is saying that recruitment consultants should be
allowed to spam the list, but helping each other find jobs is a natural
part of (interpersonal) networking and should be considered normal.  We
would also save our employers lots of money on recruitment consultants and
probably do a better job of it.

Bill.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk