[Gllug] routing broadcast traffic

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 29 13:54:32 UTC 2002

It's not possible to have multicast/broadcast TCP. They're most likely UDP
packets. I have no idea what port they're on. In the Smoothwall boxes
there's an IP masquerading module for quake. I'm not sure if the module is
required for other games (although I expect it is); nor if it's required
when running iptables.

Hope this has helped someone somewhere.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk