[Gllug] LateX/EPS/PS experts?

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Jan 15 15:01:48 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 14:07, Anthony Leung wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a friend who has spent what seems like the last three weeks of
> his life trying to figure out how to insert graphs that he plotted in
> Excel into a Latex report write-up: he thought he may as well take the
> opportunity to learn how to use Latex as he aims to go into Physics
> research and this would be a good skill to it.

Oh, and I've just spotted that Gnumeric has options to save
to Latex format.

I don't know what that actually means - I suppose I'd
better plot a few graphs and see what the output looks like.

I agree very much that LaTEX skills are good for anyone going
into physics research.
I remember being very proud of myself for being able to
create a macro which would correctly print the "h-bar" character.
(h-bar is Planck's constant divided by 2*pi)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk