[Gllug] PNG transparency to BMP transparency

Zverina, David David.Zverina at uk.wmmercer.com
Thu Jan 3 11:27:21 UTC 2002

To the best of my knowledge BMP does not support transparency. Hence
transparent pixels have to be assigned some colour. And it might as well be
black considering it's the best colour. :)

However if you really want something else you can easily specify it in the
pngtopnm program. To set the transparent pixels to yellow you should proceed
as follows:

pngtopnm -mix -background "#ffff00" myfile.png | ppmtobmp -windows >
myfile.bmp

Cheers,

Dave.

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
privileged.  Unauthorised access and use is prohibited. William M. Mercer
Limited is regulated by IMRO and the Personal Investment Authority.
Registered in London No. 984275 Registered Office: Telford House, 14 Tothill
Street, London SW1H 9NB

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk