[Gllug] Samba or Something?

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Fri Jan 4 11:14:28 UTC 2002

I think that Samba is probably ideal. The smbclient prog would give a fairly
familiar ftp-style interaction. I suppose you could use expect scripts (or
maybe something a bit more flexible) to move around directories and files.
There's probably other options with Samba as well.

SSH might be another option, using scp. It has the added advantage of extra
security, with the usual drawback of more complexity.

If the NT machines are all running IIS then perhaps you could set up an
additional ftp or web service on them. If it were separate you could get all
of the usual benefits of being able to really lock-down the access
privileges.

Hope this is of some use.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk