[Gllug] Great quotes

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jul 31 16:25:23 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 05:08:35PM +0100, Jackson, Harry wrote:

> [...]

Your best bet is to create a fortune database of your quotes and have
the script generate a sig from that.  You'll need the strfile utility to
create the database.  Notes on that and other useful tips here:

http://www.cse.sc.edu/~gopalan/Unix/Signature/

There's also a utility called signify with loads of options.  Don't have
a url for it, shouldn't be hard to find.

I have the extra wrinkle of having the script write to a fifo, so that
even programs which can only read their sigs from files can make use of
the script.  (At this point, there's a particular tit on the list who
always jumps up and says "You don't need to do that if you use kmail"
and I'm so tired of explaining that I don't bloody care that if you do
it again - you know who you are - I'm just going to track you down and
kick you hard).

Hope that's helpful.

--
Bruce