[Gllug] libs, but where?

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 07:37:57 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 21:25, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to install "ogg vorbis" I need libraries to be
> installed prior to ogg vorbis itself. Have not
> installed libs on their own so far. Where do I install
> the libraries? Into /usr/lib? Once that is done, can I
> put the programme in /opt as usual? Guess I have to
> use the usual "./configure...make...make install".

You should be able to put them anywhere you want. If they are in a
directory included in /etc/ld.so.conf they will be picked up
automatically. Alternatively set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the
relevant directory before you start the configure script for ogg. The
configure script probably has an option to allow you to force it to
search for libs in the correct place.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk