[Gllug] August LONIX suggestion

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 09:11:54 UTC 2002

Formi wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, David Damerell wrote:

>>[The Great British Beer Festival]
>>
>>>The selection of beers was odd, to say the least, if you go remenber
>>>to take your mug, or be ripped off.
>>
>>400 beers in one room is very odd, but I don't see the problem. As for
>>being ripped off, I'm not sure that putting down 2 quid for a glass
>>that you can get back at the end of the session is really that
>>extortionate. If you _do_ bring your own glass, it's best to ensure
>>it's properly marked with a pint or half-pint marking; it is illegal
>>to serve you in any other measure.
>>

>  You missed the point, I didn't see any known beers that I like in
>  between those 400, that IS my personal opinion, and probably little
>  beer knowledge
>
>  I like strong "toasted" beer, 8%+, and I love Grimbergen Optimo Bruno.
>
>  Ripped off, I had the privilege of being able to pay for my first
>  beer after forking £8.

I went for a few hours to the last day of the last festival and quite enjoyed
myself.  The only thing I would do differently next time would be to take the
day off work so I could spend more time there, the few hours wasn't really
enough.  There were lots of nice new beers to try, not that I would recognise
any of them again.  I would recommend it to anyone :-)

Will.

                         'Hmmmmmm, Beer'
                                    Homer.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk