[Gllug] Exim-based disclaimer filter

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Jul 9 10:57:21 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 09:57, Jason Clifford wrote:
> There are filtering options out there that can do this although I cannot
> remember the name. I suggest that you look on freshmeat and try to ensure
> that you include some anti-virus scanning on outbound emails as well so
> that there is something to show that you have met the minimum of due
> process to try and back up the disclaimer so that your insurance company
> don't start on that one too.

Might be worth looking at this from the other direction.

We know what altering email as it transits exim (sendmail|other) is evil
and wrong, why not have a filter which checks all email coming in from
inside of the network and rejects anything which doesn't have the
disclaimer.

No need to mangle emails and catches those users who've decided to break
company policy without upsetting the insurers.

   Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/