[Gllug] Modems

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jul 10 15:06:30 UTC 2002

On Wed 10 Jul, Oliver Lawrence made the following spurious claims:

> 	Well I'm afraid to say that i its very hard to find a hardware Modem on
> PCI because There is no standard for serial interface PCI (so i was told
> when faced with the same problem).

Actually there is a very simple standard interface for PCI modems.
They present themselves as a standard 16550 serial interface.  That
means they should work with any OS that supports standard serial
ports.

Of course finding one these days could be VERY difficult.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

I've found Jesus.  He was behind the sofa the whole time.