[Gllug] Linux Expo demos

John HEARNS john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Jul 10 16:49:19 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 18:33, mallum wrote:
> on Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 12:15:30PM +0200, John HEARNS wrote:
> >
> > Another idea was to get as many different processors as possible
> > running Linux - in order to say "Hey! It's just not running on
> > Pentiums!"
> > We could probably get together:
> > Pentium, Mac (iBook? Steve C), Sun, ARM(Richard C), Alpha (James B)
>
> I have;
>
> - Sexy but now scratched Tibook ( powerpc ).
> - Homebrew CATS based desktop machine, 2x tuxscreens ( one now housed
>   in cardboard box ), 2x ipaq ( all ARM )
> - Fujitsu pt510 touchpanel thing ( AMD DX100 woohoo! )
> - Dreamcast ( SH-4 )
>
> Apart from the CATS machine, the rest I can jam in a rucksack so Id be
> happy to bring some down.

For handhelds and small machines, security would be important.
Linux Expo tends to be a very busy event - with people popping on
and off the stand. You won't want to be tied to the stand all day to
look after your kit.

Ideas for ensuring safety of handhelds/laptops, other than hiring
a menacing security guard to thump thieving toerags?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk