[Gllug] USB digicam and block-major-11

Dylan gllug at dylan.me.uk
Tue Jun 4 21:06:02 UTC 2002

Hi guys

I'm having some fab progress here with my camera, but I'm stuck on an error:

kernel: usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports
kernel: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x54x/0x10) is not claimed by any
active driver.
kernel:   Vendor: Sony      Model: DSC - F505        Rev:1.06
kernel:   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
kernel: Attached SCSI removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
kernel: SCSI device sda: 126976 512-byte hdwr sectors (65 MB)
kernel: sda: Write Protect is off
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-11
last message repeated 15 times
kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 606

When I try to mount /dev/sda with:

mount -tmsdos /dev/sda /mnt/cam

I get:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda, or too many
mounted file systems

Please help!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk