[Gllug] [Fwd: [SECURITY] [DSA-134-1] OpenSSH remotevulnerability]

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Fri Jun 28 08:58:07 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 09:38, Paul Brazier wrote:
> I've just installed snort and logcheck on a few machines and it's quite
> an eye-opener to see the number of hits you get every day from people
[...]
> Should I just ignore these? are there any that I should be reporting to
> the relevant sysadmins?

IMHO the whole of asia is a cesspit at the moment, the ISPs in Korea,
China and nearby areas don't have a clue on stopping abuse and don't
seem to be interested.  If you get hit from a reputable EU based ISP it
might be worth an email but apart from that it's generally a waste of
bits and bytes.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/