[Gllug] Digital Cameras

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 5 14:10:12 UTC 2002

[...]
> Why are cameras listed in terms of absolute number of pixels and
> not their
> resolution?

In what sense? Off the cuff I expect it's because you can get nice big,
impressive numbers. Actually I wonder how relevant dpi numbers are in the
sense of a camera because the optics can focus light to suit the size of the
CCD. I suppose you could devise a standard test for dpi at <some distance>
if you wanted. I'm not sure this makes sense anymore. My head hurts...

I can't think after four days of doing sod all.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk