[Gllug] No video card - no boot?

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 16 22:12:33 UTC 2002

On Sunday 16 Jun 2002 10:22 pm, Stephen Harker wrote:

> Its hard to imagine having a hardware conflict with the video card unless
> you have a whole pile of extra weird and wonderful pci cards in there.
> Which I doubt as you are only using it remotely. About the only thing you
> will achieve by taking it out (apart from rendering it unbootable) is
> saving power :-)
> Steve

I think I had just such a conflict in the previous set up (not exactly sure
but the  video card and a PCI<->PCMCIA bridge were sharing an IRQ and the
bridge wasn't working properly).

This prompted me to press the old pentium box into service. After two days of
fiddling I have now got my Compaq WL200 card to run in host-AP mode and I
feel great :->

(I am node electra on http://www.consume.net if anyone else lives in N4)

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk