[Gllug] Thinking in line noise

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 20:31:27 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 15:20, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> I'm trying to learn Perl regular expressions, but I just really don't
> seem to be able to get my head around it.  Can anyone recommend a good
> online tutorial?  All the ones I've read seem either very simple or to
> assume I know WTF they're talking about.

FWIW, the O'Reilly "Sed & Awk" book has a very good intro to regexes
for  people who've never used them before, that actually gets up to a
resonably good level. The Perl regex implementation just adds a few
extras that others don't have. If you're really serious about it, theres
no substitute for the O'Reilly "Mastering Regular Expressions" book.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk