[Gllug] Triple booting Win2k, Debian, RedHat

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri Mar 1 15:43:37 UTC 2002

>And Debian and RH do different things with .bashrc and
>.bash_profile (RH gets it wrong, IMO).

IMHO, it's bash that gets it worng. Really, a login shell should
read .bash_profile and then .bashrc, and a normal shell should
just read .bashrc.

To get this behaviour, I source .bashrc from .bash_profile, which
I assume this is what the default Debian install does (I gave up
on Debian at around 1.3, so I can't say for sure).

But it's hard to claim that Red Hat are at fault for this. They're
simply doing what bash does out of the box.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk