[Gllug] Signing everything?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Mar 20 14:28:42 UTC 2002

Okay so we've established that I probably should sign everything...
Switched that on and we'll see how we go.

But, while investigating this I found another handy .muttrc entry:
send-hook john at smith.com	"set pgp_autoencrypt"

So you can set up the people who you know have pgp/gpg and force mutt
to encrypt everything to them -- which is preferable from a traffic
analysis point of view.

I have two things I'd like to do:

1) Get it to lookup any recipient's email address on the keyservers
   and, if one exists, encrypt.

   Probably too slow and lots of people have old keys on the
   keyservers.

2) Get it to check your public keyring and, if there is a key for the
   recipient, automagically encrypt and sign.

   Probably a better option than 1.

So who knows how I can do this?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>