[Gllug] Workshop at the next GLLUG meeting - Rough outline for mail retrieval

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 18 15:19:40 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 13:05, David Irvine wrote:
> 3. Filtering your mail
> 	Reasoning for using the likes of procmail instead of your MUA

And good reasons not to bother, and use Cyrus with SIEVE support
instead, of course. :-)

There are a couple of other filtering programs as well.

Also, I think it's worthwhile covering virus protection - we're not a
target in the Linux world, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here
thinking of providing a Linux based email server for a Windows based
workstation or several. Two virus protection thingies which come to mind
are Amavis, the attachment scanner, and Anomy, the (rather good, IMHO)
email sanitizer.

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk