[Gllug] grub on RH7.2 (2.4.7)

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Mar 1 10:49:52 UTC 2002

On 3/1/02, 11:35:00 AM, BUNTER MATTHEW <Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com> wrote
regarding [Gllug] grub on RH7.2 (2.4.7):

> --- Reçu de       RVIDOI.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77    01/03/02 11.35

> All,

> I would like to use all of the screen on my laptop instead of the
> two thirds display that I have at present.

I presume this is when you are in X, rather than at the console.  LCD
screens have a fixed resolution, typically 1024x768.  If you use a
smaller resolution you get put in a corner of the screen, simple as that.

> Someone said that with
> lilo the lilo.conf file could be edited to pass some vga
> params(?) and hence use the full screen.

Those only affect the text console, unless you are using the framebuffer
device in which case the display is always running in graphics mode even
when at the console.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk