[Gllug] Can't get my CNet PRO200WL netcard to work in Gentoo

Mats Hulten mahu at ffs.gu.se
Fri May 24 08:59:37 UTC 2002

One of the chief reasons I chose Gentoo was actually that the
instructions were written in such a manner that I understood them. That
and the fact that installing software seems much simpler than in any
other distribution.
I've got my bakground in Windows as an systems analyst and programmer,
so I'm certainly not new to computers and tweaking Os:es, but I am a
newbie to Linux.

You said that the installation guide missed out "make mrproper"; I
certainly cannot remember running this cmd but you said it was in the
kernel tree. Did you mean that it is called when running "make dep &&
make clean bzImage modules modules_install" in the installation guide,
or is it left out altogether?

What does it do, and should I run it now as I already has a working
system? (Pretty much working in any case... :)

-Mats

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk