[Gllug] IBM advert

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon May 13 09:45:59 UTC 2002

>The first mainstream [*] Linux advert I saw on TV was over two years ago.

The first one I saw was from IBM a few years ago, but I only ever saw
it on the web. Apparently it was screened on US TV, although it never
made it as far as UK screens. Basically giving a brief history of how
a student in Finland created Linux in 1991, and how it was now going
on to take over the world, and that IBM was 100% behind Linux.

Then, of course, came IBM's famous Heist ad, which you can find by
Googling for "heist60". Again, I don't think it's ever been shown
on UK television, but I did see it shown in a cinema.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk