[Gllug] Can't get my CNet PRO200WL netcard to work in Gentoo

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri May 24 19:23:13 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:59:37AM +0200, Mats wrote:
> You said that the installation guide missed out "make mrproper"; I
> certainly cannot remember running this cmd but you said it was in the
> kernel tree. Did you mean that it is called when running "make dep &&
> make clean bzImage modules modules_install" in the installation guide,
> or is it left out altogether?

make mrproper is a very thorough "make clean" which also ensures that
all the necessary links and so on are set up.  You should run it when
you first unpack a kernel tarball and any time you want to be sure
you're starting from a clean set-up.  After patching the source, for
example.

--
Bruce

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, apart from
ostriches if you punch them hard enough.