[Gllug] Networking: Would this work?

Murray murray at minty.org
Tue May 28 19:06:38 UTC 2002

I recently picked up one of these:
http://www.redstore.com/techinfo/trenet001.php3
And it will auto-detect on each of the five ports.

So you can basically connect anything to it - another hub, a computer,
whatever and it will do the rest.  Rather nifty I thought.  Especially as I
assume you could use standard cat5 or a crossover cable for any of the
connections without having to think/worry.

But I *was* wondering what the limit to this would be.  It doesn't matter to
me, as I only have a tiddly small network, but I assume at some point, you
are going to notice your network speeds drop if you have too many hubs all
daisychained together.  But I'm not sure quite where that limit would be?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk