[Gllug] A proposal

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Fri May 10 15:04:11 UTC 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Janet Reid wrote:

> --- Vincent AE Scott <gllug at codex.net> wrote:
> > Richard Cohen(richard at vmlinuz.org)@Fri, May 10, 2002
> > at 02:20:14PM +0100:
> > >
> > > Out of interest, which Wiki have you been playing
> > with?  I'm using MoinMoin,
> > > since it's simple and Python.  I've used one or
> > two others, and I like the
> > > MoinMoin extended syntax better than others'
> > (particularly ZWiki...)
> Is there a free hosting spot where you can set up a
> MoinMoin wiki and test it out. It does look more
> sensible in the way it manages css and tables?

You should be able to set it up anywhere where you have shell access and can
run CGI scripts from ~/public_html (or similar).  To be honest, I don't
really know where to get that kind of thing, since I've had access to a
hosted server for so long... :-)

If you can't find anything, and you want to play, let me know (off-list) and
I'll set one up somewhere you can play with it.

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk