[Gllug] Can't get my CNet PRO200WL netcard to work in Gentoo

Mats Hulten mahu at ffs.gu.se
Sat May 25 17:00:23 UTC 2002

> You certainly need x11-base/xfree, and possibly some of the
> x11-libs.
Ok.

> I did not explicitly install X on my system. It came as part
> of the base product when I did "emerge system" (which took
> something like a day:) I havn't installed KDE at all.
>
> So you have a couple of options that I can see:
>
> Install X, get it working, then try KDE again;
>
> Work out why your KDE installation failed. You havn't
> mentioned any specific errors yet, so no-one can help you
> with that ATM. Of course, if you want to work this out
> yourself then fair enough and all due credit, but if you post
> some error messages we'll see if we can help.

I belive that much of the trouble I'm experiensing is related to the
fact that I did not have access to the net when installing the base
system, as my ISP requires that you log on to a webpage before gaining
access to the net (I've addressed this issue in the forum
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=3198 ), thus I have failed to
run some emerges and perhaps a few other things as well.

Normally I could access that page from Win2K (that I'm currently using),
but when I set up GRUB i kinda destroyed the bootloader for Win2K... :-O

Right now I'm leaning more to the option of using fdisk to remove
Gentoo, and start over with a stage 1 or 2 installation instead...

-M

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk