[Gllug] Perl / PHP

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu May 9 17:02:09 UTC 2002

>Another minus is that the user community has a very low average level
>of cluefulness, since PHP is a popular language amongst those with no
>coding experience or training.

Actually, I'd say that applies to both the perl and PHP communities,
although I'd agree with you that's it's more prevalent in the PHP world.

>> But on the downside, it's a write-only
>> language...
>
>???

Come now... I don't believe it's possible for *anyone* to have had
any serious contact with Perl and not heard it be referred to as
a write only language. As in, you can write it, but no one can
read it afterwards. A quick google search for "write only language"
and "perl" will show this to be a common sentiment.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk