[Gllug] multiple mic-in [VERY OT]

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Sun May 12 15:38:50 UTC 2002

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 12:52:11AM +0100, Richard Cottrill wrote:
> Possibly a really silly question:
> Is it possible to use more than one sound card in a machine? I've never
> tried; in fact I've never gotten sound to work under Linux at all (but I
> haven't really had many opportunities to try either).

It can be done the gurus on the Icecast streaming audio server list talk
about multiple sound cards on the same box regularly.  I imagine they
use them to recieve multiple live feeds from different studios before
before Icecast does its magic and produces multiple streams for
netcasting.

I have probably got it wrong again but that is what I think I know. :-)

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk