[Gllug] CDCEther - setting up / using

Matthew Palmer matthew at tinfoil.demon.co.uk
Thu May 23 22:45:59 UTC 2002

Greetings list,

Has anyone ever used the CDCEther module to enable access to a USB connected Cable Modem?  If so - what parameters need to be set (if any) for CDCEther and where?  Alternatively would someone kindly point me to some documentation as I'm unable to find any online or on my Linux box.

I'm asking on behalf of someone else.  They're using Mandrake Linux 8.2.  They know that the simplest option would be to buy a NIC and run the CM link over Ethernet but that isn't possible for them right now and they would like to get the Cable-Modem -> USB -> Linux box link working if possible.

Many thanks for your time
Matthew Palmer.