[Gllug] question about antiword

Ian Scott ian.scott at mediasurface.com
Thu May 30 09:44:07 UTC 2002

Hi,

I don't remember the original message, but I think your problem is
not havein your ~/.antiword directory set up.

If you've built from source, you'll probably have a Resources directory,
containing a load of mapping files, including the one you want.  Simply
copy this directory to ~/.antiword, and it should pick them up.

(This is true of 0.31, which I am using anyway).

If you don't have the resources directory, download the source from
http://www.winfield.demon.nl/, and grab it from the tarball.

Ian

> Hello,
>      I saw your message asking about the error running antiword. I got the
> same error too( I can't open your mapping file (8859-1.txt)). Could you
> please tell me how you fix it finally or what other MSword-to-text
> software you have turned to? Thank you for help.
>     ginger
----
He had occasional flashes of silence that made his conversation
perfectly delightful.
		-- Sydney Smith

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk