[Gllug] CVS and SSh

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed May 1 12:57:39 UTC 2002

So, more digging and more oddities. I created a new user to
demonstrate the problem to a friend. Logged on as that user, ran the
cvs command, and everything ran without a hitch: cvs returned after
doing all the right things.

I connected to the remote server using my own login and user name, so
it looks like the problem lies somewhere in my account. Fine. I copied
over my .bashrc and .bash_profile to the new account. Everything still
worked. Copied over my .ssh directory. And everything still
worked. The only thing remaining that was different were some ".cvs"
files that I had from previous excursions getting software from the
web via CVS. Deleted those, and everything worked for my normal user
account.

Looks like the root of the problem, then, was one of the .cvs
files. *grrr* Simple fix, but not immediately apparent. Now to get
down to some serious work!

Thanks to everyone who had some useful suggestions.

Simon

--
There are four kinds of homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable,
and praiseworthy ...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk