[Gllug] Compiling a Kernel

Harry Jackson postituk at yahoo.com
Sun May 26 15:35:36 UTC 2002

I have downloaded the source for 2.4.18 and was wondering if there was
an easy way to compile the kernel for the same modules as is currently
being used by my 2.4.16 kernel. I have only got the use of "make
config" which is a very laborious process and make oldconfig is no use
as I do not have a config file from a working kernel install.

I have compiled the kernel and it was ok except that I have a lot of
modules missing.

Is there a file where all the options are held that can be edited
directly until a working kernel is produced. I had a look in ".config"
and I was unsure if I was able to edit it and I noticed that depending
on the options chosen during compilation some options would be missing
from here.

Harry

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk