[Gllug] local DNS with smoothwall or IPcop?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Wed Nov 13 14:10:56 UTC 2002

sometimes I have the requirement to test a domain on a development website in my local network e.g. yoursolutions.com where the domain already exists and is resolved to an external IP.  Is there a way I can add this domain to my router (using smoothwall at the moment) to temporarily resolve to an internal address and point it to my development box?  This way I can test features that require the domain name in the URL with out having to upload changes to production site and worry about screwing it up.  I don't really want to set up my own bind for this.

Is anyone using IPcop?  It's a off shoot of smoothwall GPL before they removed the GPL (lets not get into a discussion on this bit).  My flatmate wants to use MSN voice conferencing but it doesn't work with smoothwall and it's difficult to find information about getting it to work due to their lack of public mail list archive.  I don't like the attitude of the smoothwall owners/developers so would happily change to another product.

thanks for any info.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk