[Gllug] [OT] internet banking, another angle

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Wed Nov 6 14:42:52 UTC 2002

hiya people

been having quite a long discussion with some woman at o2 about payments via
"internet banking"

i'm with lloyds tsb and the last couple of months i've paid my mobilephone
bill using lloyds tsbs online service
the payment shows up the next day, the money have left my account

i later on found out that it takes _14_ days for o2 to process a payment
that comes in via "internet payments"
so i questioned why it took this long
she couldn't answer that question
and since the bill is due in 14 days i have to make the payment the same day
as it's sent out, which is impossible..
so it always boils down to that they call me up and asks me if i've paid the
bill, and i say yes.
last time i spoke to this woman at o2 she said that my credit history will
be affect by this

so just because o2 can't handle a simple payment via "internet banking" my
credit history will be foobar?
my credit history with them that is..

is this a problem other people are having as well, or is it just me?
is this something lloyds tsb-specific? she seemed to imply that it wasn't..
or is it o2-specific?

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk