[Gllug] Linux config suitable for everyone...

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Tue Nov 26 22:42:36 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:34:31 +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Nov 26 2002, Pete wrote:
> > Indeed.  Us GLLUGers *like* choice, so a menuful of browsers by name is
> > welcomed, but a regular person just wants to point at "Web Browser" and
> > expect it to work.
> >
> > The issue then is which choices to make for them!
>
> Mozilla. Definitely.

Why not galeon or konq?  (not wanting to start a war here but a reason for
the choice would be nice)  As I think Huw quite nicely pointed out that
(unless there's a good reason) the choice made is less important than having
useful menus.  Good reasons I think are stability, GUI consistancy and user
friendliness.  For the consistancy (with the rest of the desktop) factor,
I'm inclined to shy away from Moz.

BTW, I am subscribed to the list - no need to cc me (in mutt, I've found you
can use L to reply instead, after adding gllug to the 'lists' in .muttrc).

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk