[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammar report (Seriously OT now!)

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Tue Nov 26 23:45:12 UTC 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 08:34:32AM +0000, John wrote:
> > >

> Using an apostrophe for the plurals of numbers and abbreviations *is*
> traditional.  I was certainly taught so explicity.  The belief that it

I really didn't want to get involved with this thread.

Free drink from me at the next GLLUG for the person who spells and
correctly explains the spelling of the major teaching hospital across
the Thames from the Houses of Parliament.

Oh, and the fur should fly over this one. I gather letters have
been written to the Times etc. etc.

ps. I'm not really sure of the 'correct' answer myself.
I DO know what the place is officially called - it is up there in hugge
letters on the  building. I just enjoy stoking the fires of a good
flame war :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk