[Gllug] apache and SOAP

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Thu Nov 7 14:56:51 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 14:48, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> I have a colleague who is developing a web application.
>
> It is being done using SOAP, he is not a Java programmer but a VB.... etc.  He cannot use Apache because its SOAP implementation is done using Apache.  The Apache SOAP  implementation is done on Java.
>
> Is there any other method / module that anyone is aware of.
>
> It means they have to go down the IIS route :-(

SOAP is just the protocol. He should be able to write an application
that responds to SOAP messages in anything.

Perl has a useful module for writing SOAP capable applications,
SOAP::Lite. http://search.cpan.org/author/KULCHENKO/SOAP-Lite-0.55/

Re-reading the question, I'm not sure if you mean that he only knows MS
apps. If that is the case then IIS is probably his only option, unless
he wants to pay for something or write his own lightweight httpd.

Simon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk