[Gllug] Onetel are CRAP!!

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Fri Nov 1 09:41:54 UTC 2002

Anybody else been on the receiving end of Onetel. Notice any deterioration
in service with the promotion of broadband. I've just about had it with
them. I see where they've an ad in lots of magazines lately advertising
their new broadband. Well, as a warning I've enclosed the following e-mail
that I sent them this morning. It gives a list of what you can expect. I've
been trying to contact them for ages. Couldn't even get through by phone. I
think they know there is a problem and they've ran for cover.
Anybody had any good dealings with an ISP?
Anyway, here goes:

Some points:
Any bills I receive by email will not be paid as I have not solicited them!
I will pay my bills if they arrive by post as usual. It is typical of
Onetel that you expect me to go to the trouble of opting out of something I
have never entered into!

I would like to know how you intend to compensate your subscribers who were
unable to use the Internet yesterday. You gave no warning and you have
since given no apology!

This doesn't just apply to yesterday - much of the time I cannot get access
due, I believe, to the fact that you are oversubscribed.

I have yet to receive a response to any of my emails sent to Onetel.

Going by your recent broadband advertisement, which I would have been very
interested in, were it not for the fact that I have been treated so
disgracefully, you are neglecting your old customers in favour of new. As
you have no concept of loyalty to your old customers I feel no loyalty to
you. Accordingly, I am now in the market for a new ISP.

Also, as I teach an Internet class, I now advise my students to keep well
away from Onetel. As this class runs every five weeks I get my message
across to a lot of people. In this way I shall receive some small
compensation for the astonishing way you have treated me. Your service is
an absolute disgrace.

Later
D.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk