[Gllug] Hardware help needed

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 01:53:44 UTC 2002

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:21:14AM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> the oldest, low end video card I can (I have an ISA Trident card that I
> use for testing), and try again. Usually, problems stem from badly

heh, most new machines won't work with an isa card, mainly because they don't
have isa slots :) but i agree with your discipline here, motherboard, ram,
cpu+cooler and gfx card nothing else and try it. If it don't work at this point
try it without the gfx card or with a borrowed one. and also try just one Ram
module etc. and swapping them if you can. If it works add one component at a
time and see when it stops, although that component may not of course be the
problem. It may just show up as a symptom of something else.

Adam
--
"Step away from the Cathedral, This Bazaar is loaded"
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk