[Gllug] reduce modem volume?

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 09:44:05 UTC 2002

Dermot Moynihan wrote:
> With Mandrake I was able to turn off the volume using a slider. Is there
> anything like that for SUSE?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated
> Dermot

This is not a solution to the noise but a friendly pointer.
When you start a new topic on the list, don't start it by replying to an
email from a previos topic.
Because if you do and you are viewing your messages as a threaded list
(as most of the rest of us are I presume), it puts your new message
tucked away in someone elses topic and may be missed altogether if
you're not following that particular thread.
To see what  I mean, turn threading on in your email client and have a
look at the list.
:-)
Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk