[Gllug] POP Account around the world

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 19:34:44 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 14:22, Bush, Jonathan wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I was wonder if any one could give me some advice.
>
> User at my company will be travelling around the world, and need to connect
> back to our office via the internet. What I would like to know is there any
> ISP out there that has POP accounts around the world that I can use to dial
> into. I have contacted World Com and they want to charge me £2.50 per hour
> to connect plus all the other charges.
>
> Any advice would be most welcome.

AT&T have a global service ("global one" IIRR), which I've had resonable
success with for several users who go to awkward places with laptops.
The windows client software allows you to pick your country from a drop
down, and offers you a list of all the local POP's. They even provide
toll free numbers (for which they charge more), that allow you to avoid
paying the stupid rates some hotels charge for using the phone.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk