[Gllug] POP Account around the world

Liad Bokovsky lbokovsk at akamai.com
Fri Nov 15 20:21:39 UTC 2002

I'm using AT&T every now and then (who needs it when you have free
wireless spots around the world :-) and they do deliver. In most places
around the world, AT&T offer internet connectivity using local rate
phone number or even freefone. POP3 account for mail is also available
through them.

For linux users, you can still use AT&T account although they do not
have a client software for it. There are a few more parameters that you
have to add to your login information in order to get pppd to dial in
properly.

Cheers,

Liad

On Friday, Nov 15, 2002, at 14:34 US/Eastern, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 14:22, Bush, Jonathan wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> I was wonder if any one could give me some advice.
>>
>> User at my company will be travelling around the world, and need to
>> connect
>> back to our office via the internet. What I would like to know is
>> there any
>> ISP out there that has POP accounts around the world that I can use
>> to dial
>> into. I have contacted World Com and they want to charge me £2.50 per
>> hour
>> to connect plus all the other charges.
>>
>> Any advice would be most welcome.
>
> AT&T have a global service ("global one" IIRR), which I've had
> resonable
> success with for several users who go to awkward places with laptops.
> The windows client software allows you to pick your country from a drop
> down, and offers you a list of all the local POP's. They even provide
> toll free numbers (for which they charge more), that allow you to avoid
> paying the stupid rates some hotels charge for using the phone.
>
> Mike.
>

> --

- liad

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk