[Gllug] Phoneline DACSed today. Now reduced to 28.8kbps

Steve Brown steve.brown at racalinst.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 08:01:47 UTC 2002

Garry Heaton wrote:
> Has anyone any experience of this? If so, is there any precedent for
> getting BT to un-DACS if the protest is loud enough?

Yep, I had this problem too when I ordered a second line, because ALL of
the pairs in the feed to the estate were in use. Same as you, the best I
could get ws 28k8, but if the other line rang it would interfere and the
modem would retrain like buggery.

I complained, said the modem line was for a fax it it didn't work
properly, and they upgraded the main trunk line just for me :-) Ok, it
took a few months for them to dig up the road and lay it, but they did
sort it out.

Complain, and then complain some more.

-S

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk